General Media Rugby Intern
UPDATED: This posting is now closed
This Intern posting will close on Thursday, May 3, 2018
To add to the general media presence of the NLRU for the 2018 Rugby Season
- The main role and purpose of this position will be to generate one short article per week that highlights a player or story of interest from one club per week
- Feature either an elite senior player or upcoming junior player of note.
- Conducting interviews
- Will include all clubs including both men’s and women’s sides
Other roles include:
- Contacting the clubs to feature lineups
- Post all fixtures with locations of the matches
Will work under the supervision of the NLRU Director of Communications, Graham Cook
- Will work with the Director of Communications to refine and develop writing
- Will post above written work to the NLRU website and distribute via social media
- Will be distributed no later than two (2) days before the weekend matches (preferably Wednesday)
- Will be responsible to attend matches, of all levels, on a regular basis, preferably to follow up on the weekly story
- This is can be flexible and sorted out week to week with the Director of Communications
- Will have posting privileges on the website, facebook, and twitter
The successful candidate must:
- Have access to transportation
- Be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Have basic computer skills
- Be a proven hard worker and self-starter
- Dedicated to the success of Newfoundland Rugby
This posting is a general framework for this position, the successful candidate will be encouraged be flexible and bring different ideas to the position. The ultimate goal is to generate local interest in Newfoundland Rugby through consistent content and innovative ideas.
The successful candidate will receive pay over the rugby season totally $2000.00.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a single paragraph describing themselves to Graham Cook - firstname.lastname@example.org.